Health Care Studies Scholarships
Palestine Regional Medical Center offers scholarships every year to area high school students who wish to study health care in college. The scholarships are applicable to the Fall schedule following graduation.
March 1, 2018
To All Area High School Students/High School Counselors:
Palestine Regional Medical Center is pleased to offer an academic scholarship fund targeting students seeking higher education in the field of health care. By selecting students seeking to pursue a degree in health care, we feel we can encourage more area young people to join the work force in this field while helping them achieve their goal with the financial support they may need. Hopefully, they will choose to remain in our community to seek employment after they have completed their education.
Criteria for the scholarship include:
- The student must pursue a degree in health care.
- The student should submit evidence of participation in extra-curricular activities such as junior volunteer, junior service league, nursing home volunteer, and involvement in civic organizations. (Use separate sheet for information.)
- The student must reside within the hospital service area.
Along with the completed application (attached), the applicant should submit:
- Four letters of reference
- High School Transcript and/or College Transcript
- Copies of any specialty certifications, if applicable
We request that the completed materials be submitted to the attention of Carey Trahan, Palestine Regional Medical Center, 2900 S. Loop 256, Palestine, Texas 75801. Carey may be reached at 903-731-1383. Deadline for submission is April 14, 2018. The scholarship Committee will review all applications and results will be determined no later than May 15, 2018.